08 January, 2010

WOW Moment!

Curious Tester gets published on print for the first time! I was interviewed by the Software Test and Performance Collaborative magazine recently. The January Issue of the magazine is a special edition featuring many women testers across the world whom Karen Johnson calls as ‘Women of Influence’ in her editorial. Fiona Charles asks why there are so few women writers in her guest editorial 'And Now, The Women'.

It's a great honour for me to be featured alongside Fiona Charles, Karen Johnson, Elizabeth Hendrickson, Lisa Crispin, Janet Gregory, Catherine Powell, Sharon Robson, Lanette Creamer, Nancy Kelln, Rosie Sherry, Renu Rajani, Isabel Evans, Mieke Gevers, Dorothy Graham, Dawn Haynes including Andrew Muns, Chris McMahon and Matt Heusser.


Wanna Read?
You have to register (FREE) at the website to read/download the January issue.

1. My Interview
2. Women of Influence
3. Fiona's Guest Editorial

Dedication
Pradeep Soundararajan is a great support in my writing efforts all along and still is. He never gets tired of guiding me through my daily struggles in writing. Fiona Charles was very kind enough to review my work a couple of times before it went public. Karen Johnson, Amy Lipton, Andrew Muns and Teresa Cantwell were helpful in getting my work published. I am indebted to each one of them.

Happy Reading,
Parimala Shankaraiah

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations Parimala

    Regards,
    Rahul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Parimala,
    I have been enjoying your blog for 6 months now. Congratulations on this fantastic milestone! There will certainly be more "printings" to come. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm and experiences and for helping strengthen our community. You constantly remind me that we are in an adventurous profession! Keep up the great work!
    Sincerely,
    Lanessa Hunter
    Pensacola, Florida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pari,

    Congratulations :) I had read the post 2 days back, but knew you would be posting soon.. So kept the wishes intact till now :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats dear! :) Wish you a beautiful journey ahead!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Parimala .. Keep up the good work..

    Regards,
    Anil

    ReplyDelete
  6. @BugMagnate, @Netra, @Anil, @Dhanasekar
    Thank you very much!

    @Lanessa
    You constantly remind me that we are in an adventurous profession!


    Thank you Lanessa. Firstly, I am surprised you have been a silent reader of my blog for 6 months now. I would like to hear more from you.

    For me, it feels as though I started blogging a few days ago. Yes. Our profession is so adventurous, yet a big part of the world thinks its less challenging.

    During WeekendTesting Session #20, Dr. Cem Kaner said 'If I am more generally unwilling or unable to educate myself about a product domain, its risks, and how to assess a product in that domain, I should give up on testing and do something EASIER that requires LESS learning, like programming.'

    This has been echoing in my ears for a week now. Testing is not easy. Testing is challenging.

    @Nandagopal
    I had read the post 2 days back, but knew you would be posting soon.. So kept the wishes intact till now :D


    Good Guess. I wish I could be unpredicable :D. Just Kidding,

    It's my pleasure to be sharing my milestones with each one of YOU - My dearest blog Readers because you inspire me to go beyond what I am.

    When somebody asks 'Do you have children?', I am often tempted to answer 'Yes. Two Children. One girl and one blog'. Blogging has brought me closer to Testing, Testing People and Life!

    Regards,
    Parimala Shankaraiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pari,
    I was so excited to get that issue, and very pleased to see you with the others. Great job! and your inspiration keeps me going!

    My sincerest thanks,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Molly

    Thank you Molly.

    It's glad to see you blogging.

    Regards,
    Parimala Shankaraiah

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi parimala,

    At first i want to congratulate u on ur success journey with this blog.

    i'm ur recent follower. want to read ur interview. when i open, it is stating that the content is only for standard users. as a basic user im not having permission. pls post ur interview in ur blog so that everyone will read and gain knowledge.

    keep going

    ammadu.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ammadu

    Thank you very much for your kind words. I intentionally didn't upload the article as I wanted readers to register there for the monthly magazine which is FREE. The registration is a one step process which completes instantaneously. Please to that.

    If you still have trouble, drop me an email. I will send it across.

    Regards,
    Parimala Shankaraiah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic....Grow more and more. Wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  12. @CG
    Fantastic....Grow more and more. Wish you all the best


    Thank you for reading through my older posts as well.

    Regards,
    Parimala Shankaraiah

    ReplyDelete