25 September, 2009

Which School do you belong to?

No. I am not talking about the elementary school that you studied at. I am talking about the School of Software Testing you belong to? I am inspired to write this after James mentioned in one of his recent posts that he was not sure if I think of myself as context-driven. I do think of myself as Context-Driven and I am proud to be a part of the Context Driven School of Testing.


The Seven Basic Principles of the Context-Driven School as listed on the Context Driven Testing website:

1. The value of any practice depends on its context.
2. There are good practices in context, but there are no best practices.
3. People, working together, are the most important part of any project's context.
4. Projects unfold over time in ways that are often not predictable.
5. The product is a solution. If the problem isn't solved, the product doesn't work.
6. Good software testing is a challenging intellectual process.
7. Only through judgment and skill, exercised cooperatively throughout the entire project, are we able to do the right things at the right times to effectively test our products.

Do you see the Freedom and Responsibility that is available in this school of testing? Is this what you have been yearning for? Figure it out yourself. For more information on Context Driven Testing, please visit HERE. A MUST READ for all the context driven testers.

Happy Reading,
Parimala Shankaraiah
http://curioustester.blogspot.com